new year! how's the book wall going, aurora????

 Uh. 

Bad. 

At the end of 2022, I had less books on the book wall than I'd had at the beginning of the year. This had been the first year since the book wall's conception that it had happened. I was doing great! I was doing fine! We were cruising along going at a neat forty-five miles per hour and then--

Something happened. 

I failed. I started 2023 with 2047 books on the book wall and ended it at 2112. 

Fuck

I do, obviously, intend to try again this year. I have a whole extra spreadsheet to help me, because if anything can help me, it's more goddam spreadsheets. I plan to actually like, stick to the pass system that I failed to stick to last year. I always have all of these grand intentions. How often do they stick?

Well, they did in 2022, so hopefully they can this year, too.

Anyway! Book reading goals? To keep up my average of 500 a year, I need to read 497 this year, because I was three over my goal last year. Not as many over my goal as I was in 2022 (2022 was just a nuts year, I'm realizing, I read 527 books), and this is more books than I read last year, about twenty more, but

I have faith. I'll do it. And if I don't my goal for 2025 will be that much higher. 

Anyway, yeah. Less than 100 pages away from the first book of the year. On the writing front, Guillaume should be out... February, sometime? I got stuff squared away with a cover artist and I've got to like, edit and retype out the actual final draft and stuff. Other than that, Class B should be out sometime, and The End, and Promise Me, and for My Country, and Kaz at the Approach. (Pentalogy companion, SKWC final book, Aughts Boys 6, Tinon novella, cult-y standalone). 

Here's to a new year, and a year where hopefully I uh, get this book wall/closet, it's a book closet now, under control. 

The only thing that gives me hope is that it's not the largest it's ever been, so there's that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post