keeping up, barely

 As I type this, I am one book behind on my Goodreads reading challenge. My goal was 497, so, like, you can imagine how much I've been reading these past couple of weeks... but school has also been going on and, you know, as you probably know, teaching is not exactly a job with a lot of reading time. I do make the most of my reading time, and also, I do get to read my book and call it 'modeling' because I have a great group of fifth graders that are well-behaved enough that I can read my book during silent reading instead of like, pacing around the "U."

I have my desks in a "U." It's my favorite desk configuration. I have nineteen kids and a big room, so it works. I've also been snatching up all the bookshelves I can. Today I introduced a new book into the library that was one of my favorites as a kid--Encyclopedia Horrifica. The bidding war to get to read that one first was so intense that I had to have them pick a number between one and fifteen. 

But, yeah. I'm a book behind, but the book I'm reading right now is The Couple Next Door, which is a thriller and pretty fast paced and I'm sure I'll finish it tonight, actually. I have to. I'm telling myself I have to. Guillaume is going well, too. I got my first sketch from the cover artist dealing with it so that is set to come out March 3rd, at this point. Mark your calendars! I'll have a pre-order link up at some point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post