exhaustion and illness

 Say what you want about working in a school, but the last few weeks before Christmas break are just awash with illness. I have 19 fifth graders and I had a full class, one day, after Thanksgiving... someone's been sick every other day. This week I've been grimly fighting something off; it's called my lunch is sudafed now. 

My kids are, thankfully, pretty chill. They're a decently good class. I have to get after them sometimes but it's not as bad as fourth graders or, GOD FORBID, the third graders. As we've been getting closer to the break time I've had a few of my first finishers of the 40 Book Challenge roll in... congratulations to the two ten/eleven year olds that have read FORTY BOOKS THIS YEAR IT WAS SUPPOSED TO LAST THE WHOLE YEAR. 

But no. It's chill. If they read 80 I'll give them another prize. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post