short week short week short week

 We have been in school for almost nine weeks. It seems insane, to me, even, that it's been this long already... but quarter one is over next week. 

Most of these weeks have been full, Monday to Friday weeks. No breaks. We've had about five weeks without a Monday or Friday off, and while this sounds like, normal, and normally in my head I'd be like, oh, normal, it's noticeable. Maybe not with me, specifically, but with the kids

One of the hardest things about switching schools, I think, is losing that innate classroom management. Also the fact that I moved to elementary school and that shit's different. But either way, in a small school where I saw literally every kid 7-12, by the third year I had built those relationships that made classroom management fairly easy. Now I not only have to start over, but an eight year old has less self-control than a fifteen year old. I don't know how many more years of elementary school I have in me.

LOL, I do. It's called, this is the only one. 

Either way, the moral of this story is, this week is a short week. We have two days of regular classes, and Wednesday is an early out, which for me as elementary teacher, means I get to stay with my fifth graders all day and only do fun things and I don't have to deal with eight year olds. 

Which will be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post