the joy of not working on a tinon book

 I'm sure me constantly talking shit about the Tinon books really does nothing to help my sales. Who really wants to read a book that the author is constantly bemoaning that they "have" to write, especially when the AUTHOR IS SELF-PUBLISHED AND COULD JUST LIKE, NOT DO IT. THERE IS NO CONTRACT HERE. THIS IS PERSONAL CHOICE

But, as I've been done with my Tinon book of the year, I can breathe. Right now, I am working on Until I Fall Away, the fifth Aughts Boys book, Class B, a Pentalogy of Hell companion novel, New Match, the first in a new thriller series, and Guillaume, a standalone homage to the Lord of the Flies fanfiction.net fandom of like, 2012. And also the Tumblr fandom of the same time. If you remember that shit, or if you are currently in the Tumblr fandom, do know that Cool Bill was from my little brain, because I was reading Homestuck at the same time, thank you and goodnight. 

But anyway, my point, my point is that when I'm randomizing what project to work on, I do not hold my breath hoping for it not to be one of them. All of them are fun in their own ways. I think UIFA (yikes at that acronym) is the easiest write, because Aughts Boys books literally always are. Like, those books I can pound out like that. There is a reason two of them came out last year. Just, those characters and their trauma are easy for me. CB is fun because it's the Pentalogy and I like expanding that worldbuilding because it's a series I've been working on an embarrassing amount of time, and also I like Casey. It's about Casey. One might say if you've read Beyr, you don't know why this is being written, and I might be inclined to agree with you. It's weird. 

New Match is fun because literally every character is the worst person you've ever met, and then terrible gory things happen to them. I'm like 10k in and already I've had forced cannibalism. It's great. I think that it's going to be the closest thing to splatterpunk I've ever written. I think that I call it a thriller but it's actually a straight slasher novel, which is exciting! I try to write horror because horror is my one true love but I'm never really all that sure at how good I am at doing it. 

Guillaume. Guillaume, Guillaume, Guillaume. Writing Guillaume makes me feel like I'm fourteen again, writing Roger/Maurice fanfiction and making friends on fanfiction dot net. It's not Lord of the Flies fanfiction, but it is inspired. It's like, what if Roger from Lord of the Flies was actually allowed to do all the gnarly stuff you know he wanted to do??? And then after the island??? And then modern-day??? I'm loving it. There are like, fun and cute moments, too, but there's also gore, and I'm so pumped for when I get to the flashback-y island bit because it's going to be gnarly. If you want like, a hint at how the book is going just know that I had revitalized my passion for the project after reading Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite so like, it's going great. 

But I'm having fun with all of them. Next month I start up Flip Flop Felony, the third Abnormal Murders book, and it introduces my favorite character in the series, Alex Davidson, so that should be another fun one! I hope to finish and publish all five of these books before the year is out. UIFA will definitely make it. NM and Guillaume, probably. The ones that I'm iffy on are CB and FFF. 

But we'll see! I'm pumped. Buy my books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post