bandit born + graduation day

 So! I recently came out with two new books. 

Bandit Born is the final book in the Tinon trilogy. Unfortunately, this is not the end of books to be set in this world: there will be four novellas (at least) and a sequel trilogy that follows children of characters in these books. But the first arc is over. It's my attempt at a fantasy. I think I did a decent job with the characters; if only I hadn't saved all the worldbuilding for... well... this book. 

Graduation Day is a short story/essay collection, featuring essays about like, Animorphs and American Horror Story and short stories that are mostly horror...y? I guess? They're a fun time, I think. I just feel like publishing a short story collection every year. Next year I don't know if there will be one like this, because I have been toying with the idea of writing something connected to the Pentalogy in that it's a look at the eighty divisions, so like, we see one little snippet from inside each division? By toying with the idea of writing I mean I have all the divisions figured out (lol, only after finishing the SERIES) and have written four little flashes/short stories. So. Look forward to that next year. 

What's coming next? I'm betting on Until I Fall Away, which is the fifth book in the Aughts Boys series. It's the Matt book, if you've read any of the books in the series--he's the only character that is in all four currently published books. He's also, uh, usually a villain. I've been having a great time writing from his perspective because goddam do I have to justify a lot. While not like, absolving him. There's a lot. But if you're interested in a series of vaguely connected books following teenagers in the early 2000s in the Midwest (~two books set in Ohio, one in Minnesota, one in North Dakota), that sometimes become straight-up slashers whenever they're set in North Dakota, hop on that bandwagon with the first book, One More Sad Song. Or you could skip that one. Honestly, the only one out of the ones that are published that I wouldn't read first would be Hit or Miss. Or you could do chronological order! I'd suggest publication order. Unless you just want slashers. Then just read The Horror at Camp New Woods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post