series reading, alternate title: i waited four years again

 Currently, I'm reading A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab. It's the third book in the Darker Shade of Magic trilogy, and if that doesn't sound familiar to you except for a brief whisper at the back of your head, that's because the series was very popular in the mid-2010s and I am very late in finishing it. The book came out in 2017. I read book two in 2019. I remember who the characters were but not the situation, and the thing is, especially when you read 300+ books a year (lately my numbers are running more around ~500),  you uh. You forget things when there's a series involved. 

This is not the only series this has happened with. The Shadow and Bone trilogy's another one. I read book one in 2014, book two in 2019, and book three is sitting somewhere in the book wall, just... waiting. Luckily for SaB, I did watch the show! So maybe I'll kinda know what's happening when I pick up book three! We'll see! I don't know how accurate the show is to at least the original trilogy because it's been actual fucking years!

I do think that life will be nicer to my series when I eventually kill the book wall (on track, currently, to do that somewhere around 2027? If I keep reading 500 books a year?) and can like. You know. Read things closer together. Because I am enjoying ACOL. I am. But the emotions are not as strong as they would be if I had read it closer to the previous books in the series. I'm not even sure if I'm feeling all that many emotions right now. Stuff is happening, sure, and it's neat, but like, it's been so long. And that's not great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post