limbo

So I've been done at Pizza Corner for a week.

Apart from the obvious intense lessening in activity that expresses itself in my body being sure it's not done moving yet when I'm trying to get to sleep, making it pretty difficult to get to sleep, and the lack of getting two or three dollars in my pocket at the end of every day, I don't miss it. It's nice to not have to go every day, and it's funny--going in the front, now, to pick up pizza, it smells like it used to, before I worked there.

School starts August 19th. I haven't been in my classroom yet. I should go. I don't know, though. The first day after I was done at Pizza Corner, I was full of so much... I don't even know, but I read the entire Harry Wong "First Few Days of School" book, so there was that. I worked through and got all the American Board stuff figured out so I can get certified.

And now... I don't know. I don't know? I should be more prepared, but I'm really not, and I'm really not preparing. Maybe next week I'll see what's going on. I do live pretty far away, so I'm probably not going to go every day, but maybe I should. Maybe once August hits, at least, I should head down there every day, license plates or not. I know I should, and I also know I shouldn't be putting these things off, but the thing is I am not a planner by any means, which is fine when it comes to my writing, but less fine when it comes to knowing what the fuck I'm doing in the classroom this coming year. It doesn't help, I think, that we're still not 100% sure how it's going to go in terms of being there or not, but... yeah, it's a question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day