i'm sorry book wall

So my Kindle came yesterday.

I know, I know--Aurora, you've got 945 unread physical books sitting on the floor of your bedroom, why the fuck are you adding eBooks there? Why are you adding another way to read books when you have so many already, and, furthermore, you had a Kindle when you were younger and hated it because you liked real books better, so why the hell did you buy another one? 

So, pretty much every night ends with us on the pull-out couch. I have a bed, but it's more like, a twin mattress on the floor, so the pull-out couch in the living room in front of the TV is better. And the living room doesn't have a ceiling light. It doesn't. And we don't have any lamps. We do have a string of LED lights above the TV, but even at the white setting that's not quite enough to read by. So I've been spending a lot of fucking time on my phone.

"Well, Aurora!" you might be saying. "If you want to read books, just download the Kindle app on your phone!"

No, I tried that and I hated it. And last night I read like, 100 pages! This isn't going to shrink the book wall, but it's going to maybe help me pad my Goodreads challenge, which I have already accepted that I am not reaching this year (I'm at 54, the challenge is 340 because I just put however much was in the book wall into a random number generator), and maybe it'll make it so I don't fucking buy books online, you know? Because that's my new strategy for Book Wall Shrinkage--only in-person purchasing.

So we'll see how this goes. It's just a Kindle Fire, it was only like forty bucks, so if I don't use it for a while, it'll be all right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day