chalk that one up as a failure

So I've decided to give up on Book Wall Shrinkage 2020. 

I mean, I'm still planning on not buying books online for the foreseeable future (apart from when I need to go and buy some more warrior cat books, because I'm still working my way through those), but I filmed a wrap-up to the big long fun video that I'd started, and I'll be editing that today. So instead of being The First Part in a Huge Series Where I Get Rid of The Book Wall it will be A Failed Experiment: Book Wall Shrinkage 2020

Don't know why I'm telling you about it now, it'll be a long-ass time before it goes up.

But yeah, I've decided I'm giving up on that. I'm still trying to shrink the book wall, and I'm still going to be posting BW Updates on twitter at the beginning of every month, but I was doing that long before I started the project. And you know--four months of me trying is four months where I didn't buy an inordinate amount of books, which I'm counting as a win, you know? It's like dieting: maybe you'll lose a minuscule amount of weight and then give up in four months and gain it back, but those four months were four months where you weren't gaining extra weight, so that's better than nothing. Even after a book haul, in four months I'm down about twenty books, which is like, pretty damn good, I think. And I'm gonna keep working on that. 

My high point, my high high point is 964. My goal is to keep having that be the high high point, you know--I'll put a new high point up for 2021, when that rolls around, and et cetera, and hopefully my 2021 high point doesn't, you know, surpass the 2020 high point which I'm hoping will be the highest high point the book wall ever sees, because we don't need to hit 1000 unread physical books, Aurora. 

But yeah, I gave up on Book Wall Shrinkage. 

Woops. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day