goodbye grand marquis

I got a new car yesterday.

By new, I mean, 2004, which is to be completely honest, the newest car I've ever had, but either way--it's new to me. The title's still sitting next to me because I need to figure out how the DMV is operating nowadays, so I'm sitting here waiting for it to reasonably be open so I can call down there and see if I can just go in, or if I need to make an appointment, or what the fuck is going on here--either way, goodbye Grand Marquis.

My new car is a fucking monster. I used to drive a Ford Explorer, that was my first car and despite his issues, I loved him. Sure, half of the doors didn't open and the AC didn't work, but I loved him. Now I am the proud owner of a Ford Expedition, aka, 'The Big Explorer.' My Boy had two rows of seats, this one has three. Gas mileage is horrendous but my god, after driving a Grand Marquis for eight months, it is so nice to be big on the road again.

This is him--the Big Boy. 
Why I swapped over is... pretty much because there was no way I was going through another winter in that Grand Marquis again. I was driving a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis, aka, 'boat', and I have never slid through as many stop signs as a did while driving that fucking car. Do you feel kind of cool in a Grand Marquis? Yes. Do you also decide, you know what, I live in North Dakota, I kind of need 4WD?

Definitely fucking yes. And this boy was--I mean, my 'official' budget was 2000, but I could leech off of the other savings account and go up a thousand or so more, so--my plan was officially to go into Fargo and get a little Jeep, but then that sold, and you know what, I think I like the Big Boy more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day