maybe there is something to that 'sunshine and exercise' thing

So, I get a kind of seasonal depression. I also live in North Dakota, so the winter actively tries to give me seasonal depression. This year wasn't as bad as last year, but it still wasn't like, stellar--one of those reasons, I think, is that I love going for walks. I just love walking. I like to listen to music, or to podcasts, and I just love wandering around in the sun. 

So today it's like, fifteen degrees above zero. This is a good thing. This is a fantastic thing. This is a, I did go for a twenty minute walk after lunch thing. Keep in mind, it's fifteen degrees above zero, WITH the sun, AND ALSO only like, the wind at 16mph. So it only feels like -1, but if you get to a place that's pretty sheltered, it will actually feel like 15. And then, since you're wearing two long-sleeved shirts, a leather vest, and you leather jacket that you just kind of use as a winter coat because you're North Dakota Dumb, it's almost TOO WARM. Like, holy shit. OUTSIDE, FEELING TOO WARM. 

maybe i'm getting sick

But like, beyond the, holy shit I am out of shape, like I'm not usually like SUPER in shape but like walking around took more out of me at points then I would like to admit (I do not walk slow, okay, and I was listening to the second half of Master of Puppets so I kind of wanted to run at points but also like, still icy, don't run you stupid idiot), there's that, I am so happy. It was not a long walk. It was Disposable Heroes through Damage Inc. That's all it was. But it was sunny. And it was a walk. This isn't the first walk I've taken this year (at the beginning of the year it was actually very nice, like, above or near freezing nice), but it's the first walk I've taken in a while. And I am Ready for Spring. And next week, once we get past this weekend with its highs of -1 and -3, is supposed to be like this. 

It's supposed to be in the teens.

The positive teens. 

I don't know about y'all, but to me that screams spring. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day