feelin like james franco in the last episode of freaks and geeks

When I was in middle school, my best friend got a crush on this guy who liked to play Dungeons & Dragons. It always sounded vaguely cool, like there were some really funny Tumblr accounts that would post some cool text posts about D&D mishaps that were always funny (my favorite one is the story of the Hand of Mercy, in which someone tried to rip a goblin's dick off, botched their roll, and ended up giving the poor goblin a handjob). Once, when I was in high school, my family tried to start up a whole D&D thing. It didn't last very long.

One of my coworkers is super into it, and her husband was willing to whet his Dungeon Master teeth on a game full of people who don't know what they're doing, so now I'm part of this. And it's pretty chill, to be honest. I am a bard, because fuck yeah. Even though half of our people were gone on Sunday, when we really started our whole campaign (be kind, I don't know all the lingo yet, so if I fuck up on it it's because I don't know it), there was me, and a... cleric, maybe, I forget what she is, and also her husband who was just along for the ride but ended up making a quick character and playing with us. As well as the woman who started the whole thing, because it's her house.

I really like it. And honestly, there is no faster way to spend four hours than as pretending to be a male bard who used to be a sailor who is also just really dumb and spent most of the time trying to get a hat after I botched my persuasion roll (something that I had a DISTINCT advantage on) and couldn't make the fancy man give me his. So I bought a fancy purple hat, and it only cost me five copper pieces.

But I like it. And it's hilarious. It's great. Also she made really great brownies. Note to everyone, put dried cranberries into your brownies, because dried cranberries make literally everything better, to the end of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day