back 2 school

 Today is the last day of Christmas break, and I am spending it as I spent most of the others: sitting at my desk, listening to 2000s emo/pop punk (more emo than I would like to admit), "working." I do consider it working because it is a lot of writing, most of the time, if I'm doing things right, but I am also working on novel studies for school, which is really just reading--the moral of this story, I think, is that I have adjusted my life in the way that I can mostly just read, and that's how I read 527 books last year. 

I'm ambivalent about going back to school. I mean, obviously, I'd love to continue my hermitage, but it'll be nice to see people again. In the last two weeks of Christmas break, I've left the house three times. Once on Christmas Eve, to go and see my family. Once to get groceries. Once for DnD. That's it. Steven went to the school to get some work done a couple of times but as the only thing I have to do is novel studies and they're all at home, I stayed here. Also, there's an amount of laziness that I was trying to eradicate for this year that played an element in me choosing to stay home. 

I like teaching. It's OK. I'm not like, ooh, this is what I'm doing for the rest of my life, but it's not the horror story that a lot of teachers have right now. I think a big part of that is that I do teach at a tiny school and I get a lot of freedom. I mostly just do whatever I want. It's decent. My main goal this year (because there may not be a next) is to build up the high school library. It's been going well. Fifteen new books a week! Doing great. 

But tomorrow we go back. We get up at 6:30 and shower and get in the car and hope that the roads are good and drive twenty miles to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere and then I ruin all of their lives by giving them a worksheet right off the bat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post