oooh achy arm

 So, I was gone from school yesterday, because I was finally about to get myself a back window made of glass instead of fucking plastic wrap, and so I missed a lot of e-mails because I have a very solid work-life balance in that I refuse to do any work at home because I don't want to, and so when I get there this morning, all hopped up on 160mg of caffeine from the Monster I chugged the last four miles (sorry, lady at the family planning area who gave me more Sprintec; I drink more than 80mg of caffeine sometimes), I see an e-mail that, hey, vaccines are today. 

  Huh.

So then at the end of seventh period, when my sophomore girls are all lounging around not reading To Kill a Mockingbird, the superintendent pops in with a sheet that I, at best, fill out like three quarters correctly, and then I go downstairs after school and the woman is there in the staff workroom and there's a line. So I get in line behind the high school principal and decide to take off my big bulky sweater, showing off a t-shirt for a hockey team I don't follow but bought at Nita's Attic the other day, and then my mother walks out of the workroom with a little band-aid on. She waves and says to me, "I have a sandwich for you!" 

Then it's the principal's turn and I spend my time talking to the history teacher about all the good things I walked into today, which are very nicely summed up in this Twitter thread. And then it's my turn, and I will say--they do not fuck around with this. I sat down, she scanned my sheet, circled 'educator', and then, as she was talking, like, "So, you don't have any concerns--" BAM STRAIGHT IN THE MISFITS TATTOO. 


 :/ but that's chill. Anyway, I did go then and have my sandwich, and a chocolate milk that she had spare, and also my little sister was there! So we gossiped and I took some of her special Kirkland trail mix, and even though mister tattoo got a jab, I'm like, definitely super okay with having a little achy arm right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post