thanks the hills have eyes

 So, my horror movie this past Halloween was The Hills Have Eyes. The remake version--I don't have the original, you know, with the guy who was in that Motley Crue music video in it. I do intend to get my hands on the OG version at some point, but, as of right now--2006 is the only version I've seen. And it was all right! I feel like I should have liked it more. Cannibals are my favorite. Watching it, I knew, logically, that I should have loved it. And I did enjoy. It just wasn't... god damn it, it just wasn't a Texas Chainsaw

One thing this movie did do for me, though, was reintroduce the song "California Dreamin'" into my life. You know, that one from the sixties by The Mamas & The Papas. The minute that song started playing over them driving through the desert, I was hit with something. It was the feeling I get when I hear something like "Love Shack" by The B-52s, or "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin--this was a childhood song. 

I mentioned it to my mom today, at work, and she said that it wasn't one that we listened to... especially much, but I did get confirmation that it was a song that was listened to occasionally. So I feel justified in calling it a childhood song, though playing it over and over and over again might be pushing it. 

Right, and it's election day here in the US. I voted last week, so we're just not going to talk about that one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post