on not hitting my reading goal this year

 I know it's March, and we haven't even hit summer vacation yet, so, SURE, I COULD be a little DRAMATIC, but I do feel like I'm not going to hit my reading goal this year. Which is fine! I guess! I mean, I have read 75 books so far this year, which is, logically speaking, A Lot. 

I've read a lot of books this year. Just not enough.

I'm almost 20 books behind on my goal. This time last year I'd already passed 100 books for the year, and here I am, sitting at 75. I have read some LARGE FUCKING BOOKS this year, to be fair. I re-read Under the Dome! I read a BRandon Sanderson! It's only March and I have read 75 books and it's not good enough

But it hasn't even hit summer vacation yet. And summer vacation will bring me time to do shit like read seven books a day, if I want. That's the beauty of being a teacher. I do get summer vacation. 

We keep having issues at recess, and so each of us 3-4-5 teachers has assigned ourselves one of the Troublemakers to check in with and today mine had a head-on collision with another child. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day