"every book i've read ever"

 Earlier this year, but not at the very beginning of the year, I decided I wanted an easier way to tell what my favorite book was. I spent about ten years saying it was The Long Walk, and now I say it's Beartown, and maybe it's just because I like spreadsheets but now I have a spreadsheet. It was, for a while, a word doc, but last night I transferred it over to a spreadsheet so I can tell easier if I'm re-reading or not. 

Not that I don't know if I've re-read books or not, because I do, but it's just telling if I'm re-reading since the spreadsheet began. According to this spreadsheet, my top ten favorite books are as follows: 

1. Beartown by Fredrik Backman

2. The Stand by Stephen King

3. The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones

4. Okay for Now by Gary D Schmidt

5. Germinal by Emile Zola

6. Theme Music by T Marie Vandelly

7. The Binding by Bridget Collins

8. The Dark Half by Stephen King

9. Pet Sematary by Stephen King

10. Babel by RF Kuang

This does check out, at least mostly. I know there's no TLW, but I haven't re-read it since starting my "every book i've read ever" spreadsheet, and so, to the spreadsheet, I've never read it. According to the spreadsheet I've read, uh, 139 books. Just for fun, my ten least favorite books of all time. 

1. Dial L for Loser by Lisi Harrison

2. Strawberry Panic by Sakurako Kimino

3. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

4. The Keeper's Son by Homer Hickam

5. House of Shadows by Andre Norton

6. Something Wicked by Lisa Jackson

7. You ARe Doing a Freaking Great Job

8. Date Abuse by Herma silverstein

9. Kaylen & His Mate's Dad by Robbie Webb

10. Amazing Ghosts & Other Stories by Peter Eldin 

If anything else, this will make my top eleven books of the year easier to figure out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post