TBR MASSACRE: 7.28 thru 8.3

 BOOK WALL START: 2156

BOOK WALL GOAL: 2138

Thursday, July 28

Book Read! A Light in the Mist by Erin Hunter

And look at that, another warrior cat arc down. I think this one does have some interesting implications for the next arc, though you can also completely tell that these guys are running out of shit to write about and they kind of wrote themselves in a corner with all of the supernatural stuff. I feel like we need another good physical villain that is not dead already. Kinda like a Darktail situation, I guess? Bring in someone strong and ambitious. Give me a real Tigerstar 2.0

2155

Friday, July 29

Book Read! Right or Wrong by Aurora Dimitre

Yes, this is my own book. Buy + read this if you want to read about a kid who becomes friends with a douchey kid and then the douchey kid bullies a kid to suicide and our first kid is like, pretty conflicted about the whole deal. 

2154   

Saturday, July 30 

Book Read! Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

This is not my first time reading this play; I did read it in college and then watched the movie adaptation where Keanu Reeves is super evil and hot. Um, anyway. Mostly re-reading this made me think about re-reading Measure for Measure, which is, depending on the day, my favorite Shakespeare play, and most of the essays in the back agree with me, because Lucio is a self-aware Benedick, and therefore superior (thx GBS, for agreeing with me). 

2153

Book Read! For The Kid I Saw in My Dreams 1 by Kei Sanbe

This was a Goodreads win years and years and years ago, and, even though it's manga, I am just getting to it now, for some reason. Honestly pretty meh. Not super connected to the characters and not a huge fan of the art style. 

2152

Book Read! Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez

I accidentally read the second book first in this trilogy, and I think that definitely did affect how I felt about this one, and also that one. This one was a lot better than book two. But then again. I read that one first. So. 

2151

Book Read! Haikyuu! 7 by Haruichi Furudate

Vol 6 I wasn't super into, this one I was. I love what Sugawara brought in to the team, I love how Kageyama is growing, and I always, always, always love Tsukki. 

 2150

Sunday, July 31

Book Read! As a Woman by Paula Stone Williams

I'm not super into Christianity, and by that I mean, I grew up in North Dakota so I'm really sick of hearing about it, so that wasn't great. It was an interesting look at the differences between living as a man and living as a woman, because as a woman, I don't really... I dunno. I just do what I want and what happens happens and I'm normally okay with it. Did learn that my state is one of four to have gender pay equity though so that's pretty neat. 

2149

Monday, August 1

Book Received. The Troop by Nick Cutter

This is a re-read because it's going to be a novel study, but because it's a novel study, I donated my OG copy to the school, which means, oh no, I have to buy a new better edition to re-read.

2150

Book Read! Born at Midnight by CC Hunter

This is just the epitome of trashy, crappy 2011 YA. My God. This sent me straight back to middle school. 

2149

Tuesday, August 2

Wednesday, August 3

Book Received. Haikyu! 8 by Haruichi Furudate

This is my last birthday book to show up apart from the pre-order, so I officially do not have any more books coming until September (until school starts and I have more novel studies). Which is both sad and also good because the book wall is out of control. Very excited to continue this series.

2150 

Book Read! The Black Phone by Joe Hill

I really, really do enjoy these stories. I don't know if I can pick a favorite--so many of them were so interesting. I did really dig the last story in the set, and I love how Hill sets up characterization, which is commendable in a set of short stories especially. Definitely a hit. I'm interested to watch the Black Phone movie! It looks like they expanded it a lot for film which should be fun.

2149 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day