summer goal wrapup

 So, school starts tomorrow, I got certified to teach with literally sixteen hours to spare, and it's time to look at my summer to-do and see... what I failed at and what I completed. So. 

My first goal was to move. I did move. I no longer live fifty miles away from my job. Now I live twenty miles away from my job. Yay, not spending 125$ on gas a week! 

The second goal was to get my Guns'n'Roses tattoo. This is one that did not end up happening. Moving took an entire month and then there was just so much going on and I got a stupid job?? For the summer??? And also infrequently during the school year??? I'm back at the library. Long story short, I'm still working on that one. 

Third goal was to take and pass my PTK test, which I did. Professional teaching knowledge, by the way. Uh, took this one remotely, hated that. 

Fourth was to take my English test. Did that as well. Took that one in a testing center and that was a lot better. 

Fifth was to read 100 books and despite my last-minute push in which I've read thirty books so far in August, I topped out at roughly 89. Which is... still a pretty good run, yeah, but it's not the 100 I was hoping for. 

Sixth was to buy zero books and ha. hahahaha. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Seventh was to publish a book. I did four! Books 2-4 in the Pentalogy of Hell series, Forty Days, Lake of Fire, and The False Prophet, alongside a collection of short stories and essays titled Life in Anachronism. Book two in the Vendettic series should be out soon, too; I'm just waiting on my cover guy to finish up the paperback cover. 

So... I mean, I did 4/7, which is better than 0/7, and the real important ones were the tests and moving, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post