update: the goal i failed is the one everyone knew i would fail

 Throwback to this post.

So, it's been about a month, so I figured I'd update where I've been on my summer goals. 

  • Move
    • Steven and I are planning on moving thirty miles down the interstate to be closer to the school we will both be teaching at come fall. We cut the commute in more than half. This is looking good--we're going to go and look at an apartment tomorrow.
    • We have moved! Everything is out of the other apartment! We still have to clean and not get my security deposit back before the end of the month, but at least everything is out, you know?
  • G'N'R Tattoo 
    • I had my students vote on what tattoo I should get over the summer, giving them three options, and they decided I needed a Guns'n'Roses tattoo, so sometime this summer I've gotta make that happen. I didn't get any tattoos last summer, with COVID and all, so I'm excited to get back in that chair. 
    • This is, TBH, pretty low on my list of priorities. I was on Facebook the other day and one of the lesser tattoo artists at the shop in my town had a cancellation and said "20% off to anyone who walks in right now", but I didn't because I'm fucking dumb. 
  • PTK Test
    • This is for my certification.
    • Aurora, this should be a higher priority.
  •  English Test
    • This is also for my certification.
    • Aurora, this should be a higher priority.
  •  Read 100 books
    • I've read... two, so far. But I've got a lot of time left! I'm 40-some pages into Brave New World! It can happen!
    • Yeah, so I've read 18 books so far this summer and... I've been stuck on the Bachman books this past week and a half or so. Which is, technically, four books, but I count it as one and it's harshing my vibe. 
  • Buy 0 books
    • Not gonna lie, I think I believe 'read 100 books' more than I believe 'buy 0 books.'
    • THIS ONE I HAVE FAILED, LIKE EVERYONE KNEW I WOULD. I lasted like three fucking weeks and then I ragebought Lore by Alexandra Bracken and now everything's out the window.
  • Publish a book
    • The last book I published, not counting the hardcover of Iscariot that is now available, was The Crucifixion of Craig Knox back in... October? November? I dunno. Either way, I've got books simmering right now that I'm working on finishing up, but I want to get at least one of them out into the world before summer ends. My guess is that it'll either be a set of short stories/essays or the next Pentalogy book. 
    • I have actually published three books, books two, three, and four in the Pentalogy of Hell. Forty Days, Lake of Fire, The False Prophet. Check them the fuck out!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post