dusty

 It is windy. 

I live in North Dakota. It is always windy. We have a very flat land and a very minimal amount of trees, so the wind just goes and goes and goes and goes. I feel like the town I live in is cursed, like a Silent Hill sort of thing (I've only seen the movie) because going out the fog was so dense and coming back in there was a solid wall of dust blowing across the road. I didn't know what it was coming up on it (dust did cross my mind, but it didn't make sense). 

Being in the middle of a Dust Wall is very similar to being in little-visibility-snowy-weather, or fog, or something like that, except for everything is brown. It was also raining, because it rained on and off and everything was fucking weird driving back, and so my wipers were going like crazy. It had to have been at least a quarter mile of straight dust. 

Then we came out into the sun and it was weirder, almost. 

Very windy--when I left gusts were at 29, when I turned north they were going 35. I don't know what they were at in the Dust Wall; I was too busy trying to keep a Prius on the road but we emerged, unharmed, if mud-streaked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day