caffeine, health, and I'll Think About It Later

 School is just about over. We've got thirteen school days left (counting finals!), and then we are free, free, free. Next year (assuming I actually end up getting certified), I will have a better handle on what I'm doing, more money per paycheck and overall, and, if I'm lucky, copies of Life After Death to teach to my American Lit class. 

I'm not saying that this year was all bad. It wasn't. I genuinely like a majority of the kids, and of course I don't hate children, because they're children and still changing. I think I've made some good relationships with some of the kids and I'll be sad if Steven gets a job far, far away because there are a lot of these kids that I will miss. 

Also there's the fact that probably I'd never teach anyone other than my current school, because I was not built for teaching, probably. I don't know. I know a lot about English and literature and history and books and writing but man... I dunno. I dunno!

Either way, I've been running on like, a Monster Recovery a day. I get gas every other day, so I pick up two of them on that day. I'm really digging the Raspberry Tea and Strawberry Lemonade. They're good on calories and like, I mean, obviously, it's an energy drink, so that's a fuckton of caffeine. I cut caffeine for a while there but now I'm straight back, so this summer we're using it to Get Healthy, which is something everyone says every summer, especially probably teachers, or people who work during the year, but Christ, man, trying to write books and teach and then be healthy??? Shit, dude. I did eat hard boiled eggs for supper tonight, there's that. 

I have gained weight teaching. I know it's because teaching is a helluva lot more sedentary than being a pizza place worker. I pace the room a lot but still, that runs me like six thou a day, which is nowhere near where I got when I was at the pizza place. But this summer, man (think about it later): cut that caffeine, cut that weight, go for walks, eat less sugar. Because I'm, sure, 23, but I won't be forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day