y'all, jeff guinn

So I moved to this new town about two months ago, right, and naturally the first thing I did was go and get a library card. So I've been checking out a lot of books, I'll generally always have one library book I'm reading (like I don't have 876 unread books, you know), and it's been a lot of true crime. Mostly because I've been trying to, if my owned book I'm reading is fiction, I'll try and get a nonfiction, and vice-versa, and it's just always fallen that way.

I've had my eye out for Jeff Guinn's books. When The Road to Jonestown came out, it was big in true crime circles. The library that I used to work at had a copy of Manson, but I never got around to it. So this new library, I noticed, also had a copy of Manson. Checked it out one day.

Also, this new library had a copy of Go Down Together, which is about Bonnie and Clyde. Checked it out a different day.

I didn't think they had the Jonestown book, because it wasn't in their true crime section, it was in their biography section. So right now I'm reading the Jonestown book.

And honestly, man, Guinn is one of the best true crime authors I've ever read, if not the best. He does such a good job at weaving the historical aspect into it, and everything; if you're unsure about getting into true crime, if you're not a complete and total true crime nut, Guinn is the way to go. His book on Charlie Manson is the best book about Charles Manson I have ever read (granted, the other two were Helter Skelter and Will You Die For Me, neither of which are gonna be exactly, uh, objective in any way whatsoever), and I didn't know shit about Bonnie & Clyde before reading Go Down Together and guys, Guinn is just good.

I'm only about ten pages in on that Jonestown book. But it's gonna be a good one. I can tell. I'm pumped for anything he comes out with next. Hope he tackles something cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day