overdrive

I have been writing a lot lately.

It doesn't really feel like that to me anymore. I mean, I now have a full-time job, and while I've got a weird fucking schedule that gives me more days off but my days on are longer, et cetera, et cetera, so there are days where I only work on my first draft of the week.

(This is kind of a joke, I'm not writing a new first draft every week.)

But I am writing a lot lately. I've bumped up my output on WM3 project to five pages a session, which, let me tell you, I knew that more than three pages was going to hurt my heart and I was goddam right, I've also started rewriting my fun project (also five pages a session), and I'm more seriously rewriting the pet project, because that's the kind of shit that, I think, would do well in the self-publishing world.

So that, mixed with the sheer amount of first drafts I've been doing, plus the short stories and essays, plus the blog posts, plus the fact that I've gotten back into writing fanfiction and no I don't want to talk about and no I'm not going to give you the link to my AO3, that adds up, you know? And I think what might actually be good for me is these days where I don't write shit at all. I don't really believe in writer's block, but sometimes, you know, you just do too much. But this is allowing me to do so goddam much and not feel that tight feeling in-between my eyebrows, you know? So that's nice.

I dunno, man. I know that my job right now is a Tool To Pay Off My Debts, but it really does just feel like a side gig, which is fun, considering it's the only thing that's bringing in any real money. Maybe it's the scheduling or maybe it's my general ambivalence to anything that's not writing, I dunno. But either way, I'm gonna keep trying to write my way out of this one, whether it's actually working or not.

(spoiler alert, currently, not)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day