probably will not be hitting the goal this year

 So, previously, for the past few years, my reading goal per year has been 500. 

500 is a nice round number for me. It's doable but it's not too easy; I read a lot and I read fast and 500 has been done before and will probably be done again. 

Here's the thing with this year's fifth graders: they're loud. And they're not as self-sufficient. And there's one of them that just wants attention all the time, and previously the only way he's ever gotten attention is by misbehaving, and we have a good relationship so it's really mild but it's just enough that I do have to pay attention to him pretty much constantly on-and-off. 

Last year's fifth graders: quiet. Nice. Listened. All the time. So much "modeling" which was me reading book after book after book while they quietly worked on what they needed to work on. 

(I do like this year's class. They're just...more.)

Either way: 500 will not be happening this year, so I was curious. I went back to what the book wall was at the beginning of the year (it's bigger now but shhhh) and I put that as my Goodreads Goal. Now, my GG is not exactly the end-all be-all, because I count things in my personal notebook that aren't on Goodreads, but--

13%. I read 13% of the beginning of the book wall. 

I have one more book month in 2024. 

Save me from myselfffff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post