fancy new habit tracker

 So, as I think I may have alluded to at point or another in the past, I absolutely love a good Excel spreadsheet. I love it not for the usual, you know, calculations aspect, but because I love a good list and nothing makes as good of a list as an Excel spreadsheet. I have several spreadsheets, my favorite of which are the 'book wall' spreadsheet (just a list of the book wall), 'books 2021' (more detailed info on the books I've read in 2021), and 'creative income' (what's selling? when? buy my books). 

So, another thing about me is that I absolutely do not have the patience for a bullet journal. I like my regular journal, and my regular separate to-do list. I have a bullet journal in a thousand notebooks across the apartment; it's like when people try to tell me 'have a lesson plan book' but in reality I do have every aspect to a lesson plan book, it's just in various notebooks and word documents Julie. But I've always been interested in a habit tracker, and I thought a spreadsheet would be a good way to start one. 

So, behold, my habits for January. Some of the things have been scribbled out because they're either private or just. Boring. Or I just don't want you to know how little I clean? You choose which one was 'chore' before I scribbled it. 

  • EDITED: Refers to editing videos. As you can see, that started off... realll slow, but it picked up, and I am no longer in immediate danger of running out of videos to post.
  • 10K STEPS: Exactly what it says on the tin. My activity has nothing to do with going outside and going for a walk, as it is winter, and cold (AccuWeather says, right now, -10, feels like -29, though, granted, it was warmer in January). It has more to do with, how bad are the kids being, and do I have to walk past [CENSORED] EVERY THIRTY SECONDS, JUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK. 
  • WRITE: Not... as filled out as I'd like it to be. This doesn't count blog posts, only working on novels or short stories/essays. 
  • FINISHED BOOK: I will say, this is the one thing I've been doing fantastically at this year. I'm reading... a lot. I think it's because with every new year, even though I said I was just gonna give up, I get re-inspired to try and shrink that damn book wall. 
  • 8HRS SLEEP: Yeah I don't... get enough sleep, probably. 
  • READ ON KINDLE: I was doing great at the beginning of the year, and then I finished FantasticLand so it dropped off. 
  • COOKED: I eat a lot of canned soup. 
  • TO-DO LIST: This mostly depends on if Steven works or if he's asleep when I get home, or if it's a week-end, obviously. 
  • MOVIE/TV: I want to be better at watching TV, which is not a sentence probably said often, because I want to consume those stories, too, but. Eh.
  • NO-BUY: To be fair, I have to buy gas every two fucking days. 
  • GUITAR: I don't. Practice much. 

 So those are my habits. I read a lot and not much else, I guess? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day