so yeah, tattoos are addictive

I'm gonna get this straight--I don't have a third tattoo (yet), but I've been thinking about it a lot recently, and it doesn't help that a tattoo shop about half an hour away on the Interstate is having a fun Friday the 13th thing next week, and I'm having to fight myself back from that, but--

So I'm thinking October.

I'm not one hundred per cent sure if I'm going for no. 3 in October, even though I do have an idea (though October's just long enough away that said idea could change, the only reason I went with my plan on no. 2 was because I got it, you know, two weeks after no. 1), because, uh, technically I am currently unemployed and, you know, rent. Also I need a new pair of Docs because mine are literally falling apart, God, it's almost like shoes weren't made to be worn for twenty-five fucking years.

But there's something in me that like--you hear about how tattoos can be addictive. I've heard that. I had a coworker that was a walking example of that--she was nineteen and had about fourteen of them, and I'm just guessing, but she was covered. And it's not just that they look kickass, though I think they do. There is something about the act of actually getting a tattoo that is one hundred per cent addictive. And I'm sure it's not like this for everyone, like, maybe everyone doesn't crave getting stabbed a hundred million times, but--

I dunno, man, it was enough that I got no. 2 literally two weeks after no. 1, like, no. 1 had just stopped flaking off when I went down to Aberdeen and got no. 2. And I'm thinking about moving away from my arms for no. 3, too--not too far away, I'm thinking shoulder, but still! I went no. 1 way up on the arm, almost at the shoulder, and no. 2 stretching up from the elbow, and I'm thinking maybe a little bigger? No. 2 is my biggest one, but honestly, my upper body is pretty small so I'm a little, you know. Limited.

But I'm hoping I can get it in October, because after October comes winter and honestly, I don't want to drive around NoDak trying to find a fucking tattoo parlor in six feet of snow, so if I don't get one in October we're probably looking at waiting until spring.

Which could be not until May, because, you know.

North Dakota.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post