nano approaches

 So, I'm pretty pumped for NaNoWriMo this year. 

A big part of this, I'm pretty sure, is that I haven't let myself write any first drafts this year. I haven't written a first draft since last year's NaNo, which is, honestly, amazing for me. I think last year I wrote something like fourteen first drafts, which is legitimately insane, but this year? I've sometimes doodled out a paragraph or so, but I haven't written a full one. 

So, when it comes to what I'm doing, I'm not sure. I have three options, and I'm pretty sure that I'm just going to randomly select one using random.org or something. Those three options?

  1. Another Aughts Boys book! Might do a Jack book, might do a Kyle book, might do a Brittney book, might do a Kevin book. If that's the one randomly chosen I will also probably have to randomly choose which one I want to do. 
  2. A true crime-y book focused on a semi-modernization of the story of Carl Panzram, focusing mostly on when he was burning down churches in North Dakota as a teenager. Probalby it will take place around the 70s or 80s? 
  3. A thriller about some kids who catfish the wrong person on ChristianMingle. 
And you know--I'm kinda hoping I get three, because I've been thinking up some really fun kills. But I don't know! I'm very excited, because everything writing-wise this year has been very much revision and rewriting and formatting for publication, so it'll be very fun to get something new out there. Less than a month to go! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post