huh. chuck palahniuk.

 I read my first few Chuck Palahniuk novels back in late high school, early college, and I really liked them. I thought they were fun, kinda edgy--a good time. Then I took a break. In that break, I read Bret Easton Ellis.

And okay, these last two years, my top book of the year has been by BEE. Like, the man is a genius, and when I went back into Palahniuk, I was hit with the disturbing thought: "ah shit, he's Ellis-lite." This feeling stuck with me for Lullaby

And now I'm reading Pygmy, which is. A trip and a half. My god you cannot wander at all with this book. What the actual hell. Do I still like Ellis better? Abso-fucking-lutely. Is this anything like Ellis? Abso-fucking-lutely not. Interested to see where this goes. Glad that Lullaby was just a fluke. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post